Stay, Dine and Travel - Capital Centre Arjaan by Rotana, Abu Dhabi

Anyone familiar with the Rotana brand will know that they really have something for every traveller. For the traveller who has a need for a longer stay or just more space at an affordable price, it is the Arjaan branch of Rotana that caters best to those needs. I recently had the pleasure of trying the Arjaan at Capital Centre. 



My Room
I stayed in a one bedroom premium suite, very generously sized at 78 SQM. featuring a fully equipped kitchen. The room allowed a lot of natural light to filter in, which complemented the light shades of turquoise, beige and purple. One of my personal highlights was the stand-alone tub - really indulgent!




Location
Capital Centre Arjaan by Rotana is located in the ADNEC area, with several key places in walking distance, like ADNEC itself. Several others are a mere 10AED taxi ride away. Carrefour is close by and its proximity to the hotel means that  guests have easy access to a big supermarket, allowing them to take advantage of the kitchenette in rooms. 

Dining
Because it is a hotel apartment with fully functional kitchenettes, Arjaan Capital Centre offers two dining options in Aroma Lobby Lounge coffee shop and Tamarind, their all day dining restaurant.It was at Tamarind where I had lunch and breakfast.

Lunch

Thanks to floor-to-ceiling windows, the restaurant is light and fresh. I opted for the business lunch which has a very interesting approach to pricing. The standard price gets you access to the buffet which is very light and healthy, with great emphasis on salads and other light options. It is really a healthy lunch. If you need a heavier main dish, for a nominal price you can add a dish. I did this and had the butter chicken, which was exquisitely presented as a thali!


You will enjoy the service. Because the restaurant is fairly small for an all-day dining restaurant, you get to spend a lot of time with staff and have a chance to interact with them. By the end of your meal you are likely to know a few of them quite well. 





Breakfast
In the  morning, I could really appreciate the floor-to-ceiling windows again. It is a strength in the restaurant's design.   Everything you would want from a breakfast buffet was available. A live egg station is always a nice thing to have, and I requested an eggs benedict. Yoghurt, fresh fruit and several other hot dishes stood out for me. But again it was the service that brought that special something to my breakfast experience. Staff had no idea I was, so I was able to gauge their service with a smile very objectively. 






Recreation
The hotel has an outdoor  swimming pool that is temperature controlled. There is also a smaller pool for little ones, making it family friendly. In addition, the hotel has the signature Rotana fitness centre and spa facility, Bodylines. While I had no time to use the gym, I certainly made time for a massage treatment. 


I opted for a 90-minute Balinese massage which made sense since my therapist was from Indonesia. She checked with me to see if I had any physical issues before proceeding. She was self-assured in her movements and created  a soothing experience,taking her time and leaving me with a  sense  that nothing was rushed. The spa offers massage treatments at excellent rates. It is a viable alternative to many of the overpriced treatments available at some of the 5-star properties in the city. 





Overall, Capital Centre Arjaan by Rotana offers something for every traveller. It is away from the hurly burly of the city with its noise and traffic congestion and is close to the leafy suburbs of places like Mushriff. The hotel itself has spacious rooms which make for a  comfortable stay, be it a staycation or longer term stay. Finally, it boasts great value for money, with a more spacious suite a fraction of the cost you would pay in a 5-star property. Highly recommended. 


The Essentials

Capital Centre Arjaan by Rotana,
Al Khaleej Al Arabi Street,
Capital Centre,
Abu Dhabi
+971 2 4954444
http://bit.ly/1WxLr6f

Rates
Seasonal, but prices for my dates had a classic studio starting at 299AED and a Premium one bedroom suite at 699AED. 

Disclaimer: I was invited to try the hotel and its F&B offerings by the hotel

Comments